Payment for pre-order items will be collected now for despatch on the release date.
Format: Blu-ray + DVD
Starring: William L. Petersen, Willem Dafoe, John Turturro, Dean Stockwell
Directed by: William Friedkin
A FEDERAL AGENT IS DEAD. A KILLER IS LOOSE. AND THE CITY OF ANGELS IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE.
In the seventies William Friedkin made The French Connection, The Exorcist and Sorcerer. In the eighties he equalled them with To Live and Die in L.A., one of the most stylish thrillers the decade had to offer.
When his partner is murdered just days before retirement, Secret Service Agent Richard Chance (William Petersen, Manhunter) begins an obsessive hunt for his killer – counterfeiter and all-round psychopath Eric Masters, played by Willem Dafoe at his villainous prime.
Beautifully shot by Robby Muller (Repo Man, Paris, Texas) and with a driving score with British new wave act Wang Chung, To Live and Die in L.A. looks and sounds exceptional in this brand-new 4K restoration from the original 35mm negative.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 4K restoration from the original 35mm negative supervised and approved by director William Friedkin
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Optional 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo audio (with DTS-HD Master Audio and Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by director and co-writer William Friedkin
• Taking a Chance, a brand-new interview with actor William Petersen
• Doctor for a Day, a brand-new interview with actor Dwier Brown
• Renaissance Woman in L.A., a brand-new interview with Debra Feuer
• So In Phase: Scoring To Live and Die in L.A., a brand-new interview with composers Wang Chung
• Wrong Way: The Stunts of To Live and Die in L.A., a brand-new interview with stunt co-ordinator Buddy Joe Hooker
• Counterfeit World: The Making of To Live and Die in L.A., an archive featurette containing interviews with Friedkin, actors Petersen and Willem Dafoe, and others
• Alternative ending
• Deleted scene
• Stills gallery
• Radio spot
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully illustrated collector’s booklet containing new writing by Anne Billson and contemporary coverage.
Duration: 116 mins
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1