Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins…
Release Date: 7 July 2014
Starring: Fred Ward, Joel Grey, Wilford Brimley
Directed by: Guy Hamilton
Synopsis: First they faked his death and gave him a new identity. Now a top secret organisation is training a former New York cop to combat corrupt forces operating outside of the law. His mentor, Chiun, is an ageing Korean master of the martial arts who can run on water and dodge speeding bullets.
Born on the pages of Warren Murphy and Richard Sapir’s The Destroyer series of men’s adventure novels, Remo Williams was placed in the capable hands of Bond director Guy Hamilton (Goldfinger, The Man with the Golden Gun) for his big-screen outing. Fred Ward (Tremors) plays the trainee assassin, with Academy Award-winner Joel Grey (Cabaret) occupying the role of Chiun.
With its classic set-piece atop the Statue of Liberty, much-loved score by Craig Safan and a healthy sense of its own silliness, Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins… offers up a cracking slice of mid-eighties action.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the film from a digital transfer prepared by MGM
- Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 PCM audio
- Isolated Music and Effects soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with producers Larry Spiegel and Judy Goldstein
- Remo, Rambo, Reagan and Reds: The Eighties Action Movie Explosion – all-new feature-length documentary from High Rising Productions focusing on a decade of cinematic destruction and Remo Williams’s place among the carnage. Includes new interviews with genre expert Bey Logan, Remo producers Larry Spiegel and Judy Goldstein, celebrated directors Sam Firstenberg (American Ninja) and Mark L. Lester (Commando), producers Don Borchers (Angel) and Garrick Dion (Drive), filmmaker and scholar Howard S. Berger and Professor Susan Jeffords (author of Hard Bodies: Hollywood Masculinity in the Reagan Era)
- When East Met West – Joel Grey reflects on his turn as Chiun
- Changing Faces – make-up expert Carl Fullerton discusses his Oscar-nominated work on Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins…
- Notes for a Nobleman – composer Craig Safan talks about his classic score
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible Sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Red Dress
Cat No: FCD965
Duration: 121 mins
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: 2.0 Stereo