Starring: Jennifer Connelly, Daria Nicolodi, Donald Pleasence Directed by: Dario Argento Rating: TBC Duration: TBC
Overview: When Insects Attack!
Master of Italian Horror Dario Argento is joined by Jennifer Connelly for a gory 80s classic in Phenomena, a terrifying slice of fear cinema that mixes extreme violence, pounding Metal music, a vicious chimp wielding a scalpel and enough buzzing insects to choke an entire school...
Poor sleepwalking Jennifer doesn’t fit in at her boarding school and her uncanny ability to control insects isn’t helping her popularity. With the aid of a local Entomologist (Donald Pleasence), can she use her psychic insect skills to find the killer who’s leaving her fellow pupils in bloody pieces?
Argento piles on the bloody kills and surreal nightmares as the deafening buzz of a million bugs shatters your eardrums in one of the most demented Body-Horror movies ever produced.
THIS AMAZING EDITION CONTAINS:
- 4 panel reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- Two sided fold out poster with new art work
- Exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on Phenomena by Alan Jones, author of Profondo Argento
- High Definition transfer of the Italian cut of the film
- Original English* & Italian Stereo Audio
- Brand new subtitle translation of the Italian and optional English subtitles of the English audio
- Introduction by special effects artist Sergio Stivaletti (1080p)
- Dario's Monkey Business: The Making of Phenomena - A 50 minute long documentary featuring interviews with key talent behind the film including director Dario Argento, star Daria Nicolodi, underwater photographer Gianlorenzo Battaglia and more!
- Music for Maggots - An Interview with composer with Claudio Simonetti
- Creepers for Creatures - Sergio Stivaletti lives Q&A sessions from Dublin and Edinburgh
Original art by Rick Melton
Presented in original 1.66:1 (16x9) Aspect Ratio with English & Italian Stereo Audio options
*The English Audio track has some portions of English audio missing. This was either never recorded or has been lost. Scenes without English audio automatically revert to the Italian audio with English subtitles.