Starring: David Hemmings, Dario Nicolodi, Gabriele Lavia, Macha Méril Directed by: Dario Argento Rating: 18 Duration: 127 mins / 105 mins
Overview: Flesh ripped clean from the bone… And the blood runs red…
The bloody kills and red herrings come thick and fast as Dario Argento weaves a twisted web of sadistic intrigue in this classic Giallo from the genres golden era.
A black gloved killer hacks a psychic to death but there was a witness…
Marcus Daly, an English pianist, rushes to the scene but he’s too late to save her. He sets out to solve the murder but at every turn the mysterious slayer strikes, cutting off each line of enquiry with acts of grisly violence, each more shocking than the last!
A surreal masterpiece from Dario Argento with a pounding score from cult prog rockers Goblin, Deep Red will leave you battered and breathless!
THIS AMAZING EDITION CONTAINS:
- Two versions of the film in High Definition, completely uncut for the first time in the UK
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work
- Two-sided fold-out poster with new art work
- Exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on Deep Red by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento’
DISC 1 CONTAINS:
- Brand new transfer of the Director’s Cut in High Definition (1080p)
- Optional Dolby 5.1/Stereo Italian Audio and Mono/Stereo English* Audio
- Introduction by composer Claudio Simonetti (1080p)
- Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
- Rosso Recollections – Dario’s Deep Genius (1080p)
- Lady in Red: Daria Nicolodi remembers Profondo Rosso (1080p)
- Music to Murder For! Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red (1080p)
- Original Italian Trailer (1080p) TBC
- Original Trailer (1080p) TBC
DISC 2 CONTAINS:
- Brand new transfer of the International Theatrical Cut in High Definition (1080p)
- A Tour of the Profondo Rosso (Deep Red) shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi (1080p)
*The English Audio track on the Director’s Cut has some portions of English audio missing. This was either never recorded or has been lost. The English audio has been painstakingly assembled from various audio sources and represents the most complete audio available in a Mono/Stereo audio mix.