Overview: Sex and shooting assault the senses in Baise-moi [literally ‘Fuck Me’ or ‘Kiss Me’], a bloody buddy movie that’s like Thelma and Louise on acid. Banned on release in France, the film has provoked as much horror as it has debate.
Manu – a part time porn star - and Nadine – a hooker – set out to leave their town for Paris after witnessing and being subject to rape and violence. They rage against societal expectations in a fury of robbery, orgiastic lust and murder.
One of the most controversial movies of the last 20 years, Baise-moi was described as the most sexually explicit film to ever reach British screens by the UK press, the film offers the complacent viewer a cinematic slap in the face.
- Original Standard Definition presentation of the film, available UNCUT and in the original 1.66:1 widescreen ratio for the first time in the UK
- Optional English subtitles
- The Making of Baise-moi – a forty minute documentary featuring behind the scenes images and interviews with directors Virginie Despentes and Coralie Trinh Thi as well as Karen Bach and Raffaëla Anderson, the stars of the film
- Q&A recording with the directors
- Original theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Wilson
- Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by author Kier-la Janisse and 'The History of Baise-moi' by Virginie Despentes