Starring: Junghee Yun, Nae-sang Ahn and Da-wit Lee Directed by: Lee Chang-dong Rating: 12 Duration: 133 mins
Overview: “Extraordinary” – Financial Times “Remarkable” – The Guardian
An elderly lady in her 60's Yang Mija (played by Yun Jeong-Hee) works as a carer for a disabled man and she also raises her grandson alone. She has to endure the onset of Alzheimer's disease and also learns that her grandson was one of the attackers of a junior high school girl that committed suicide.
Through all of this and to fulfil her lifelong dream of becoming a poet the elderly woman starts to take a poetry class and starts writing…
Winner of the Best Screenplay Award at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival, Lee Chang-dong’s follow-up to his acclaimed Secret Sunshine is a masterful study of the subtle empowerment—and moral compass—of an older woman that refuses to give up on life.
- Audio commentary with director Lee Chang-dong and critic Kim Young-jin
- The Making of Poetry
- Onset with Lee Chang-dong and Yun Jeong-hie
- The Legendary Actress: Yun Jeong-hie
- Interview with Ahn Nae-sang
- Korean Theatrical Trailer, UK Theatrical Trailer